Sunday, February 26, 2012

Selected Poems of D. Zawawi Imron


"MENUJUMU" by FA
The Song of Nature

I want to sing so that cloud
descends upon the trees
while the bulbul birds
sow my dreams into farms

don’t be worried ‘bout the sun
as what moon has promised
after angry burns the grass
it certainly sinks

cloud just passes by, but comes not
only its greetings is warm as a ginger
birds once again fly
while imitate my chirrup heart

1976


My Dragonfly

my dragonfly, just fly wherever you want!
you that hathces from my nervous egg
wag your wing
and go!
blue pond is yours
next to my grandfather cemetery

my dragonfly, crab in my thorax
has moved from lungs to bile
but I’m still waiting
words were born from grass and lamp’s wink
arranged in tune with a true tremble

1978


Bay

loom from that bay calls a voice
I face my heart to a flower
and to the the bay I release an arrow

a clock’s voice is cursed me in the beach
when I stupefy in the dark
someone flies to the sky putting down a moon,

until I realize that my ocean is still salty

1979


Pond

I show you a pond
hey, don’t be hurry you down-gone
there blossoms a branch of word’s tense
that priests don’t know the sense

where does blue dragon fly come from?
it comes with no greetings and goes with no farewell
but its tail
clearly accuses the center of live 

when the sky becomes as dark  as pitch
night’s hum gets more underlaid
from the pond grows then sincere
teaches the very bow

1979


Thorny Varnish Hill

It is not wood that is transported
to town by truck here
but rather ancestors’ bone
birds are then difficult
to carry out morning beat

what does the smoke of myrrh can grow
except the proverbial tree
the damnation of Adam and Eve?

under the inner heart of trees
there’s a voice
staying in the grass
becomes moss

though i am only a blow of air
i fulfill my promise
to the birds and their tune
stroking nervously palm leaves

uncle! your sweet melody in the day dusk
invites me to the thorny varnish hill
I know, your smile hooks in the dead twig
Don’t be sad!
the dry palm wine is so sweet

1980


Song

these grasses that have sung
grabbing solitude from the day’s grip
then hatching it within me
—birds snatch away night—

dear! sing that moment
with water’s rhythm in the river
so that I wake up under the rapids
with wound and firefly

when tomorrow dew hatches
world might become a ball toy
but sing with no bored
violence certainly submits to a flower

1980


Spiritual Song

Indeed, I never promise
but you push me to dance
together with the wind in the wide field

Leaves wave to a piece of cloud
far from delirious twilight, so too steel
till the drum slaps exactly the chest

I take a rest in the old hut
spelling weeds what it will become
The blue sun comes from the south east horizon
I know, in the beach we will meet
           
            pay the fascinating promises 

1981


In The Waterfall Whim
            -a note in Bantimurung

In the wet zest
your water splashes here
driving the ancient love

In your freshness
I bathe my soul
Then I transform into a butterfly
that's free
flying to heaven

I expose your voice here
there’s flame flare since the beginning
explaining dew
belongs to the life of universe

Wherever I go
I hear from far
your drum that always rumbles
till blood
screams the eternal Name

1987


Translated by Fim Anugrah from the book "Madura, Akulah Darahmu" (Grasindo, 1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment